Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Potato Soup

Have I mentioned how much I love my crockpot lately? These cold days make me want soup, and so I made some potato soup. This is a very simple and basic recipe that you could spice up anyway that you want.




Potato Soup



1 onion (again, I puree all my onions, but you don't have to, you could dice them instead)
5 smaller, semi peeled potatoes (cut into pieces. smaller sized if you want to cook faster)
Garlic cloves or garlic powder to your preference
Salt
Pepper
Parsley
Optional (chives, red pepper, cayenne pepper, etc...)
Put ingredients in pot or crockpot and put enough water in to cover the potatoes. Boil until potatoes are soft enough to mash with a whisk and add milk. I like my soup a bit chunkier so I don't add that much milk.


No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin