Monday, February 16, 2009

Hungarian Goulash

This turned out taste wise very good. The meat was a little on the tough side and I don't know if it was the cut I had or the way I cooked it. If someone has any insight, go ahead and pass it along to me....;-)

Hungarian Goulash

Egg Noodles
Beef strips
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Dry Mustard
Worcestershire Sauce
Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
Tomato Paste or Sauce
Flour

Cut the meat into 1 inch strips
Place in frying pan
Cover with seasonings.
Brown a little (and at this point it would be a good idea to add some flour for a thickener) I'm a doofus and forgot.
Add some water
Make sure you have some Egg Noodles cooking :-)

I added about 3 spoonfuls of Tomato Paste, Worchestershire, and a splash of Balsamic Vinegar
Let it get bubbly and then serve over the noodles.
The flavor was very good, but as you can see, I forgot the flour to thicken the "gravy" part of it.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin