Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meat Loaf

There are many versions of meat loaf and I'll probably be posting a couple of them. Here is my basic favorite, I'm not a fan of ketchup or BBQ sauce so it's pretty simple. Cary isn't a fan of a lot of bread crumbs and stuff like that in his either.

Meat Loaf
1 lb Ground Beef (or Turkey)
Onion
Celery
Minced Garlic
Horseradish (optional)
Salt
Pepper
Egg
Milk
Flaxseed or Wheat Germ (optional)
Start out with your thawed out meat in a bowl
I put one small Onion, one stalk of Celery, a little bit of minced Garlic, Horseradish, and I puree it with a little bit of milk.
Sprinkle some Salt and Pepper on the meat
Add the Onion puree
Add one Egg
I threw some Wheat Germ in there today.
Mix it all together.
Form a loaf in a pan or on a sheet pan
Bake at 350-375 for 45-60 minutes. The time always varies for me.
Slice and Serve with your choice of sauce.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin