Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Chicken Soup

I got this recipe from my uncle Tim. This soup is awesome! I cooked it in my crockpot though so I did things a little differently.


Peanut Butter Chicken Soup


3 Boneless Skinless chicken breasts
1 Cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon curry (or sometimes more, curry works well with chicken and PB)
1 Teaspoon cumin
½ Teaspoon red pepper (or more if you want some zing, I also throw in a little white pepper for the back pallet taste)
½ Cup water
6 Cups chicken broth (4 14 oz cans)
1 Large peeled, diced potato
1 Cup diced carrots
1 Package chopped broccoli
2 14 ounce can peeled, diced tomatoes
1 Cup each: Chopped celery and green pepper (you could use Jalapenos too)

1 Medium sized onion chopped into very small pieces.

1 Cup Extra chunky peanut butter (you can use creamy, but why).
1 Tablespoon minced, fresh parsley (I used dried)
½ Teaspoon black pepper

With a pair of cooking shears cut the chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces. Cook them in a skillet. When the chicken is about half cooked add the curry, cumin, red pepper, onion, garlic and half the peanut butter with about a half cup of water. Stir well and let simmer until the chicken is fully cooked.

In a six quart pan, combine the broth, potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil and cook it over medium heat until the vegetables are nearly tender, about 10 minutes.

Add the broccoli, tomatoes, celery, and green pepper. Simmer the soup for about 8 minutes.

Add the remaining peanut butter, parsley and chicken, stirring the soup until the peanut butter is fully blended. Simmer the soup for 3 minutes longer.

Serves 8 hungry people

My pieces of chicken, I waited and diced them while they were cooking.
Got the boullion going in the crockpot
Spiced up the chicken with the Cumin, Garlic, Curry, Red Pepper, Pepper, and water.
Cut up the Chicken as it cooked.
Cut up my Potatoes
Cut up my Carrots
I pureed my Green Pepper and Onion
and Celery
Add all the cut up and pureed Vegetables to the crockpot
Add the Broccoli
Diced Tomatoes
Add the Peanut Butter
Add the cooked Chicken and then let cook in the crockpot.
So good.
When I make this again I'll probably do everything the same, but wait and add the cooked Chicken and maybe half of the Peanut Butter around the last hour of cooking or so. Just so they aren't so cooked and soft, but either way it works.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin