Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tuna Roll Ups

So I had these a lot growing up and I hated them! Later on in life I decided I liked them and decided tonight to try to make them. I don't have a recipe so I was guessing, but here is what I used.


Tuna Roll Ups


Bisquit dough
2 small cans of Tuna
1/4 chopped Onion
a little Celery
1 Egg
Lemon Pepper or just Pepper
Salt
Mustard (optional)
Cheese (optional)


Gravy


Cream of Chicken
Milk




Chopping the onion and celery
Onion, Celery, Egg, Lemon Pepper, Salt

Drain and add Tuna

I added Mustard, hoping Cary wouldn't notice. (he did and he doesn't like Mustard)

I added some Cheese, it's not usually added.

The dough. Roll it into a rectangle if you can. :-)

I didn't roll my dough out thin enough, but that's because I'm laaaazy. Spread the Tuna mixture over the top.


Roll and cut into slices. Mine are about 1 inch thick.


Bake at 350-375 for 20 minutes

I completely forgot about the gravy and I wasn't sure how we were used to it being made. I heated up some cream of chicken soup and added some milk to thin it out. Anyone know what the original recipe is for the gravy? :-)

Sorry, I know Cream of anything grosses some people out, but you do what you have to do. I thought they turned out good otherwise. Cary liked them except for the fact that he could taste the Mustard.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too remember having these alot at EskDale and I did not like them. Maybe I should try them again.... do not think so tho.

Bonnie

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin