Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beef Stroganoff


Another recipe from Taste of Home. The original recipe is done in a skillet but I did it in the crockpot.

Beef Stroganoff

5 c sliced fresh Mushrooms (I used canned Mushrooms)
1 large Onion, sliced
1 T reduced fat Butter
1/2 c hot Water (if you are going to do it in a crockpot, I'd do 1 c Water)
1 T prepared Horseradish
Salt
Pepper
1/4 c Flour (I added WAY too much Flour for the crockpot, 1/2 c would be good)
1 1/4 lbs Beef cut into strips
1 c reduced fat Sour Cream

Hot cooked Noodles

Since I did it in the crockpot that will be what the directions are for
Put Mushrooms in
Add the Butter
Onion
Beef strips
Put the Flour in and mix everything until all the Flour is absorbed
It should look somewhat like that, but I put a little too much Flour in.
Season with Salt & Pepper, and then add the Horseradish. Mine cooked on high for 4 hours.
After you turn off the heat or crockpot, mix the Sour Cream in

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin