Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beefy Mac & Cheese


So this is my adaptation of a recipe, and I have to admit that I was a little skeptical but was pleasantly surprised. This may become my new favorite comfort food. :-) I did use Ground Turkey and Whole Wheat Noodles to offset all that cheese. Ha.

Beefy Mac & Cheese

1 lb Ground Beef (or Turkey)
Chopped Onion (optional)
Minced Garlic (optional
Noodles (I used half a box of Whole Wheat Penne)
6-8 oz Tomato Sauce
1 Jar Ragu Cheese Sauce
Salt
Pepper
Get your noodles cooking. Brown and drain the meat, and I added Chopped Onion, Minced Garlic, Salt and Pepper.
Add the Tomato Sauce
Noodles
Add them to the meat mixture
Pour on the Cheese Sauce and stir
It's not very pretty but it tastes good! Like I said, I was skeptical, especially since I'd never had the Ragu Cheese Sauce before.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin