Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Buttermilk Pot Roast

Another recipe adapted from Taste of Home magazine. I did things a little differently and pared down the original recipe considerably. Also, the original recipe used a dutch oven and I experiment with the crockpot.

Buttermilk Pot Roast

1 1/2 -2 pds of Roast (I used stew meat)
4 Potatoes (washed and cut up in chunks)
4 Carrots (washed and cut up)
1-2 Onions
2 T Dijon Mustard
1 pkg Onion Soup Mix
Pepper
1 c Buttermilk (or 1 c Milk + 1 T Lemon Juice)

As I said, I used Stew Meat. The original recipe said to use Chuck Roast
Throw in the Carrots
Onions
Dijon Mustard and Pepper
The pkt of Onion Soup Mix
Potatoes (mine went in last because I had to run to the store to get them. Oops)
Pour the Buttermilk in over everything and mix up.
I cooked this for about 4 hrs (could go longer) on high in the crockpot, or you can cook it for a few hours in a dutch oven.
Very good flavor!

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin