Monday, March 16, 2009

Pan Fried Omelettes


I would guess that most people already know how to make omelette's of some kind. I'm not posting this to insult your intelligence, but I told Cary that the nice thing about this blog is that after I have the baby and I'm sure I'll have my moments where I can't/ won't want to cook, I'll tell him what I want and he'll have (somewhat) detailed instructions on how to cook everything. :-) Hee, hee. He doesn't think I'm funny.

Omelette's

Eggs
Milk
Meat (our favorites are Beef Summer Sausage, or Turkey Bacon)
Cheese (grated or sliced)
Onions, chopped
Tomatoes, chopped
Green Peppers, chopped
Jalepeno's, chopped
Cook the meat
Obviously whatever vegetables you want to use are optional. I chopped up some Green Pepper
and Onion, and I would have done Tomatoes but we didn't have any on hand, and I did a tiny amount of Jalepenos.
Crack some eggs, mix a little Milk in there, Salt & Pepper and whisk together. I used 6 eggs and about 1/2 c Milk.
You want to make sure everything is ready to go before you start the cooking.
Pour some Eggs down on a hot pan. (You don't want the temp too high, but you don't want it too low either, around medium is usually good)
If you want, after a minute flip it over to the other side before adding the other stuff.

Or just start adding things on the not cooked side depending on how squeamish you are.
You really only have to worry about putting stuff down on one side since you'll be folding it over in half.
Cary's omelette has everything, Aidan and mine are just Meat and Cheese. :-)
After you put everything you want on there, fold one half over on top of the other.
Cook both sides
Serve with Salsa, Ketchup, or nothing....

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin