Friday, August 7, 2009

Salmon Pilaf


I got this recipe from Good Housekeeping, but I had to adapt it a little since I didn't have some of the ingredients.

Salmon Pilaf with Green Onions

1 1/4 cup(s) long-grain white rice (I used Brown Rice)
1 bunch(es) (about 6) green onions (I didn't have green onions so I used onion powder, totally the same thing!)
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 pound(s) skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch chunks (I used leftover that was already cooked)
Pepper
1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce (I used Soyaki sauce)


Prepare rice as label directs, without salt. Thinly slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons of the dark green slices for garnishing pilaf.
Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add onions and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season salmon with 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.

Add salmon to skillet and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until opaque throughout, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; spoon off and discard any fat, but leave salmon in skillet.

Stir cooked rice and teriyaki sauce into skillet with salmon until well blended. To serve, garnish with dark green-onion slices.
Definitely would have been prettier with green onions!

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin