Friday, September 25, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup



Butternut Squash Soup

1 Butternut Squash
1 Onion, med sized, chopped or pureed
1 Carrot, normal size, chopped pureed
Chicken broth or boullion
Garlic, minced or powder
Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Olive Oil
Parsley (optional)


I only cut the squash into halves, but I would recommend cutting into 4ths for faster cooking time. I just stuck in the microwave on a plate until it was soft enough to scoop out with a spoon, but you can roast in the oven too.

I started out by cooking the Olive Oil, Carrots, and Onion

Added 5-6 tsp of Chicken Base and water. (Water will depend on how soupy you want your soup, I like mine on the thick side) Then add Garlic, Pepper, and a little Cayenne.

Add the Squash, let simmer and then beat with a whisk, or with a hand blender


Sprinkle in some dried parsley, stir in for a few minutes serve with breadsticks.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin