Friday, September 18, 2009

Lactation/ Oatmeal Cookies


Okay, so really this is supposed to be a snack for women that are nursing to help boost their supply and give them nutrients, but I thought these were awesome enough to post so that everyone can enjoy them. They are addicting and I couldn't stop eating them.....wait, maybe that's why you SHOULDN'T make them, but they have flaxseed in there so they have to be good for you, right?! I didn't put the brewers yeast in there because I was too lazy to run the heatlh food store running out of time. I also used toffee bits and butterscotch chips, because my baby doesn't like me to eat chocolate.

Lactation Cookies

1 C Butter
1 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
4 T Water
2 T flaxseed meal (no subs)
2  Eggs
1 t Vanilla
2 C Flour
1 t Baking soda
1 t Salt
3 C Oats (not quick cooking oats)
2 C Chocolate chips (I used toffee bits and Butterscotch chips instead)
2 T Brewers Yeast or Nutritional Yeast Flakes

Preheat oven at 375.

Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes.

Cream butter and sugar.

Add eggs.

Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla.

Beat until well blended and mixture turns a pale yellow.

Mix dry ingredients, except oats and choc chips.

Add butter mix to dry ingredients.

Stir in the oats and then the choc chips.

Drop on ungreased or parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake 8-12 minutes. (it took longer in mine)


"wet ingredients" mixed together

Mmmm.....toffee bits and butterscotch chips

This recipe made 30 cookies for me, but as you can see, I like mine giant sized.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin