Sunday, September 20, 2009

Salsa - The Lazy Way



I got this recipe from my sister and last fall I would make double batches of this stuff and we were eating it like crazy up until I got morning sickness, and then anytime anyone even mentioned the word "salsa" it would send me into gagging, dry heaving fits. I was finally ready to make this and eat it again, this week.

Salsa

1 can Rotel Tomatoes with Chiles (or Peppers)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes/ Lime and Cilantro
1 little can of Tomato Sauce (the tomato sauce with Basil, Oregano and Garlic is good!)
1/2 Onion (yellow or white)
Lime Juice (Juice of 2-3 Limes)
Pinch of Kosher salt
One bunch of Cilantro

If you want it even spicier, you could throw a jalepeno in there. Put the can of tomatoes and chiles with the onion and chop up in the blender. Add everything else and mix in blender to the chunkiness you desire. Cary likes his thick and chunky, I like mine really blended, and since I'm the one making it, I win. :-)


I didn't want to pull my big blender out so I blended everything separately

Then mixed together in a bowl.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin