Friday, March 5, 2010

Cornbread

So usually, Cary and I are *meh* about cornbread. We don't usually really care for it, so it was strange when Cary came home from a work dinner raving about the cornbread he had eaten. I guess he asked and they told him that it was made with a cake mix so I was intrigued and decided to try making cornbread with a cake mix and see what I thought.
I thought it was really good!
Cornbread

2/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
5 eggs
1-1/4 cup water
1 cup of buttermilk (a little less than a cup of milk + 1 tablespoon of lemon juice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1 yellow cake mix 

Melt butter beat in sugar, add then beat in the eggs. Add salt, soda, and cornmeal and then alternate adding water, flour, buttermilk and cakemix in.

Cook at 375 for 30-40 minutes (20 min for muffins)
I made 12 muffins and then filled a 8x11 pan. (it was a little too full), so it would probably fill a 13x9 + 8x8. I froze most of it for us to eat later.
After all the beating is done.

No comments:

Similar Recipies

Blog Widget by LinkWithin